Saturday, October 7, 2017

Fire soloing the Underden

I ran through the Underden like I usually do dungeons - I queued up for Team play, then entered the dungeon solo to see how far I would get. Then I toggled out of the game to peek at wizard101central to look at the fights to adjust my deck on the fly.

BUT! I did know that the last fight would be against a storm boss, so I had pulled my storm resist gear out of my gear vault to hold in my inventory.

There are 3 fights in the Underden, and with preparation, they aren't too bad. A special note about this particular dungeon, if you leave the dungeon and return (for example, you're killed and port back), you will have to fight the entire dungeon all over again.

The first fight is with Gobblorean Guards. They are myth and just under 3000 health. They have a couple stun attacks, have a good myth damage bonus, shield against life and death (if you have those attacks, be prepared), but have no earthquake. You can blade up and hit them with any attack all enemies spell you may have.

The second fight for me was the hardest (since I had the resist gear for the final fight). Boa Fett. He has a Gobblorean Guard with him, so you'll get some stuns from the both of them. Boa is both Fire and Ice, and he cheats. His resistance to fire didn't seem that high (maybe 30%?) and since he resists ice as well, there's no need for prisms. He does cast Efreet and Abominable Weaver... so unless you have some Cleanse and Pierce treasure cards, building up for a one hit kill isn't going to work. He also has cheats, one in particular that affects pyromancers greatly.

Cheats:
- First round, he casts a fire version of Ice Armor with Aegis. It doesn't seem to absorb that much damage... 800 to 1000.
- He has the cheat for late wizards... in this case, an additional Mander Armor (the spell above) for each late wizard.
- If you cast a trap on Boa Fett, he automatically removes all traps on him AND his minion(s). I didn't experiment to see if this could be thwarted by either a Vaporize myth dispel or Indemnity on a trap. According to the wizard101central page, wizards CAN get non-Feint traps on Boa Fett during the first round without the cheat going off.
- Dots (damage over time spells) cast on Boa Fett get moved to a random wizard. As a solo Pyromancer, it's not so random.

Boa also casts the following randomly.
- Powerlink
- Smokescreen
- Freeze

The best strategy I had was using Empowerment, Epic enchant, Fireblade, Sharpen Blade, and attacks of varying sizes like Meteor Strike, Efreet, Raging Bull, Fire From Above, etc. No Powerlink, no Fire Dragon, no Rain of Fire. In addition, Shrike will provide some bonus to damage with the pierce, but can work against you should you get stunned. I SHOULD have loaded up my sideboard with Thermic Shield to ward off his fire and ice attacks, but I just kept up my attacks at a constant rate until he died.

The final boss is the Rain Core. He has no cheats, but does hit hard with storm spells, some of which remove blades. If you have good storm resist, or a sideboard full of storm shields, you can stack traps on the boss, throw on a couple of blades near the end, then one hit kill. I had 114 storm resist with my gear, and was mostly immune, but he does cast a Flawless aura that gives him an additional 20 pierce. His natural pierce is 2, so he was able to get 8% damage on me occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment