Sunday, September 12, 2021

Wizard 2021 Fishing Tournament

 There are 3 winner spots, one for each of the following categories

  • Most Epic fish caught
  • Most Rare fish caught
  • Widest Variety caught

I went for the widest variety, and at 12:10 CST, on the 12th, I caught Ecto Slime Skate to (what I think) completes all the non-seasonal fish in the game. I had already caught all the Stubby Sharks, the Fall Foliage Fish, and the Gobbler Fish. I COULD BE WRONG. I may have forgotten a fish that can be caught from player's castles, but I THINK I got them all.

Some Observations.

  1. When you use the Fishing Benefit Elixir from your gift box, it doesn't automatically start. It instead goes into your backpack. I wrote a support ticket for it, and had to write back to tell them I done goofed.
  2. The Fishing Benefit Elixir gives you a free hour of zero energy fishing. I can totally see the joy of fishing during the zero energy fishing times for members. With only one hour, I was able to collect four hard-to-get epic rares.
  3. You need to know when it's smart to stay and refresh the fish, and when it's better to move to the next fish on your list. Energy isn't unlimited unless you got the crowns to spend through. Make a plan to visit all your rare and epic fish spots in a circuit. That keeps you from spending energy on the Summon Fish spell, the most energy cost on your fishing tour. 
  4. DON'T FORGET THAT CERTAIN FISH ARE SENTINELS. I'm looking at you, Devil Ray. I'm embarrassed at how much energy I burned before realizing my mistake there. The one time Banish Sentinel is NOT your friend.
  5. If you craft snacks, this event has synergy.
  6. Aero Village. Those who know, know.
  7. If you have Private Fishing Retreat, it's never been easier to make new friends! Thank you, Rowan Starsong!

A lovely fish caught in a lonely place.

Can you guess what I'm about to fish?



No comments:

Post a Comment